Friday, February 12, 2010

Lion + Eagle + Lamb/Sheep = ?

What will the answer to that equation be? Let's review what's we've shared about each of these creatures that Christians are likened to.

Jesus is both the Lamb of God and the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. He also exemplified how waiting on God (like the Eagle) energised Him.

There is so much to learn from each of these creatures. I'm convinced that if you dig, you'll find many more interesting facts than we have come up with.

I'll also look into some of their common traits. For now, I'll quickly summarise 5 high points of each creature – they are not in any order. Feel free to choose your high points and/or the ones you want to or will continue to work on in your life:

Lion(ess):

  • Strong & Courageous
  • Hears clearly
  • Hunts and does good to her “husband”
  • Nurtures cubs
  • Fellowships – spiritually and physically

Eagle
  • Sharp vision
  • Soars in the storm
  • Stays married for life
  • Stays away from the “flock” to rest & revitalise itself
  • Lives in a high place
Lamb/Sheep:

  • Friendly and Flocking
  • Defenceless
  • Selective eater
  • Warm
  • Follows without question
So which 3 attributes of these 3 creatures you’d like to (or need to) work on in your life?

Now, for me, three is really tight as there are so many attributes I want to start and/or continue work on. I felt 3 is a good number so we have them in “bite-sizes”…and if you’re “done with the first 3 (if ever) then you can move on. Alternatively, you can stay on the “continuous improvement track” in all the areas – just like I plan to do...

Psalm 59:9 brings it together nicely:

Because of his strength (Lion) will I wait (Eagle) upon thee: for God is my defence (Sheep).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...